Re: Oracle Cert

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 3 Oct 2006 16:58:01 -0700

Golden Monkey wrote:
> Hey has anyone earned a oracle cert? is it worth the time or $$ to do
> it? did you find it gave you a salary boost?

Yes.
Maybe.
No.

>From what I've seen, many places are now requiring it. Or at least
they are saying that, I'm not sure if it is really true (except perhaps for some contracts that require it, and some government orgs).

Just don't fall for scams that promise if you pay $K, you'll get a dba job. It's just a cert, experience and knowledge count for more. Anything that helps get your foot in the door or shows you are willing to work hard towards a goal can help you get a leg up on the competition.

And remember, there is some amount of over-simplification and error in the certs.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"The blogger's philosophy goes something like this: