Re: oracle and vmware

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Oct 2006 10:51:01 -0700

DA Morgan wrote:
> And what can it do that having a second instance on the same
> machine does not allow?
>
> And I might add ... in an Oracle supported environment.
> --
> Daniel Morgan
> University of Washington
> Puget Sound Oracle Users Group

OS patches fully regression tested against the Oracle software, *especially* during an upgrade of the database software.

I really have no desire to hand control of our environment (comprised of multiple OS', database vendors, and application technologies) over to Oracle. Yes, I know I can do all kinds of things with RAC, but that is not the only technology we run. If you assume the only software a given org runs is Oracle, you may be able to do what you are suggesting, but not in my neck of the woods.

Virtualization can be a good thing...

Regards,

Steve Received on Tue Oct 03 2006 - 12:51:01 CDT