Re: OK here is the scenario

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 09:56:24 -0700

Doug Jones wrote:
> I have a server that I just created on Friday of last week. I am
> wanting to test backing up the database and restoring the data on a new
> host. When I follow the walk through, the restore functions properly.
> However, what I can't do is a recovery. When I attempt to recover the
> database is when I get the error stating a file isn't from a
> "sufficiently old backup'.
>
> What I need to know is how to perform a back up on the server that will
> qualify as a sufficiently old backup.
>
> Thank you
>
> Doug Jones.

If you insist on providing insufficient information no one can help you.

Where in this post is version information? Where in this post is information on the nature of the backup? Where in this post is the actual error message? Where in this post is the script used to create the backup? Where in this post is the script used to perform the restore? Where in this post is the script generating the error?

--
Daniel Morgan
University of Washington