Please help me to design supertype-subtype ..

From: <krislioe_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Oct 2006 08:33:37 -0700

Hi all,

We are designing our entity, I am confused about the criteria to determine whether my two entity should be put into Supertype/Subtype relationship.

1)Just because two entities have common attributes, is it enough reason to create supertype-subtype on them ? What are other reason ?

2)For example, I have two entities : Sales & SalesReturn. They have attributes in common. Should I make them supertype-subtype ?

3) Does it make any sense to store Sales & SalesReturn in one table ?

Thank you very much,
xtanto Received on Tue Oct 03 2006 - 10:33:37 CDT