Re: Help with query across schema in TOAD

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Oct 2006 05:33:04 -0700

zwasdl_at_gmail.com wrote:
> I can connect to different schema via different accounts,

You don't connect to schemas, you connect to a database. Once connected you have access to whatever has been granted the userid with which you connected.

>and MS Access
> can have cross-schema query with linked tables. Does TOAD have similar
> capability?

Has nothing to do with either Access or TOAD, or any other front-end, including SQL*Plus. Has everything to do with the privileges granted to the useid with which you connected to the database.

>Or I have to ask for creating a schema which has access to
> all the necessary tables in multiple schema?
>
> Basically, I'm asking for a combination of Access and TOAD for Oracle,
> which has the following capabilities:
> 1. Query across multiple schema in Oracle
> 2. Use hint to control query plan
> 3. Interactive interface on building queries.
>
> Any suggestion is appreciated!

Again, it has nothing to do with the product you are using as a front end. As Frank and HPUXRAC have said, this is a fundamental Oracle security feature and you need to discuss your needs with a senior developer and your DBA.