Re: Connect w/o Listener

From: <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Oct 2006 04:39:51 -0700

Jaap W. van Dijk schreef:

> ORACLE_SID and the ORACLE_HOME. I have some trouble getting the link
> to work (ORA-12545). I can imagine that on Open VMS one has to specify
> these things for a database link between to databases that are on
> different Oracle homes, like in my situation.

Meaning you also have different tns locations? Of course, the homes on Windows are different as well...

12545, 00000, "Connect failed because target host or object does not exist"

// *Cause: The address specified is not valid, or the program being
// connected to does not exist.
// *Action: Ensure the ADDRESS parameters have been entered correctly;
the
// most likely incorrect parameter is the node name.  Ensure that the
// executable for the server exists (perhaps "oracle" is missing.)
// If the protocol is TCP/IP, edit the TNSNAMES.ORA file to change the
// host name to a numeric IP address and try again.

... perhaps "oracle" is missing... How does VMS handle that - is the executable
oracle? Received on Tue Oct 03 2006 - 06:39:51 CDT