Re: Houston we have a problem.....

From: Hans <Hans.Wijte_at_mail.ing.nl>
Date: 3 Oct 2006 00:04:47 -0700

Doug Jones wrote:
> Ok, mistake on my part.....
>
> When I attempt to "recover database;" I get this error. I thought it
> was successful but I was wrong.
>
> Here is the error:
>
> RMAN> recover database;
>
> Starting recover at 02-OCT-06
> using target database control file instead of recovery catalog
> allocated channel: ORA_DISK_1
> channel ORA_DISK_1: sid=156 devtype=DISK
>
> starting media recovery
>
> unable to find archive log
> archive log thread=1 sequence=2
> RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
> RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
> RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
> RMAN-03002: failure of recover command at 10/02/2006 14:52:36
> RMAN-06054: media recovery requesting unknown log: thread 1 seq 2
> lowscn 1
>

> RMAN>
>

> Thank you
>
> Doug
>

> Frank van Bortel wrote:
> > Doug Jones schreef:
> > > Ok, I successfully completed the restore and recover command... however
> > > at the end of the walk through it says to enter "alter database open
> > > resetlogs;" at this point I get the following:
> > >
> > > RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
> > > RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
> > > RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
> > > RMAN-03002: failure of alter db command at 10/02/2006 13:51:48
> > > ORA-01152: file 1 was not restored from a sufficiently old backup
> > > ORA-01110: data file 1:
> > > 'E:\ORACLE\PRODUCT\10.2.0\ORADATA\WINRLS\SYSTEM01.DBF'

> > > 2.8ghz Xeon running windows server 2003 standard. 5gb of RAM and 1tb of
> > > storage. What other info would you like?
> > >
> > > Do you still need my "init.ora" contents posted?
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > >
> > > Doug Jones
> > >

> > 01152, 00000, "file %s was not restored from a sufficiently old backup "
> > // *Cause: An incomplete recovery session was started, but an insufficient
> > // number of logs were applied to make the database consistent. This
> > // file is still in the future of the last log applied. The most
> > // likely cause of this error is forgetting to restore the file
> > // from a backup before doing incomplete recovery.
> > // *Action: Either apply more logs until the database is consistent or
> > // restore the database file from an older backup and repeat
> > recovery.
> >
> > Which of the two possibilities apply, I cannot say.
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Frank van Bortel
> >
> > Top-posting is one way to shut me up...

Your recover action wants to apply an archived log but there is no knowledge of that log in the RMAN repository or in the controlfile; if you have that log available, you must make it available to catalog and/or controlfile via the CATALOG command : catalog archivelog '<full archive log name>';
and then rerun the recover command

Hans Received on Tue Oct 03 2006 - 02:04:47 CDT