Re: Houston we have a problem.....

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2 Oct 2006 10:03:19 -0700

Doug Jones wrote:
> Me again...

Hi Doug,

You should probably post whatever you are working on in each post, as I have no clue who you are or what you have posted prior to this :)

This error probably means one of your output directories for standard Oracle traces does not exist. Review your spfile or init.ora file for any values like %dest%

you can probably issue the following:

grep -i dest init.ora, or grep -i dest spfile.ora, whichever you are using, with the SID added to the file name.

Whatever that returns, just ensure those directories exist.

Also, this is pretty common, so you can probably find pretty good hits on Google for errors such as this, or go to tahiti.oracle.com, as it will point you in the right direction as well.

HTH, Steve Received on Mon Oct 02 2006 - 12:03:19 CDT