oracle 10.2 out on OpenVMS Itanium and where's 11g beta?

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 2 Oct 2006 09:42:40 -0700

Looks like late last month oracle delivered 10.2 on OpenVMS Itanium.

Is this the end of ports for 10.2 or is anyone else still expecting to see any more releases of 10.2 for any additional platforms?

Sorry I don't recall the thread in depth but I thought someone recently was looking for 10.2 on OpenVMS ... so maybe this fits their needs?

It's often a sign that when oracle development pushes out the final few ( lagging ) platforms that the next beta or release is about to come out.

The oracle open world 2006 agenda has lots of sessions with previews of what is in the next release. Guess it's not exactly a big secret that if 11g is not available at open world it will at least be " pre announced ". Received on Mon Oct 02 2006 - 11:42:40 CDT