Re: Migrating large database between platforms: using snapshots

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 08:47:08 -0700

Vsevolod Afanassiev wrote:
> Thanks to all who responded. However, I am disappointed that no-one
> answered my question which was specifically the use of replication.

Then allow me remove your disappointment.

Replication, especially with Advanced Replication, is the worst possible way to accomplish your goal short of typing each record into the new database.

There is a reason we all responded as we did. I hope this clarifies it.

--
Daniel Morgan
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group