Re: catch ora - 1555

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 30 Sep 2006 13:33:21 -0700

Mladen Gogala wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 05:17:25 -0700, aman.oracle.dba wrote:
>
> > I am facing this error regularly now.
> > I just want to know how to catch which user is causing this error.
>
> alter system set events='1555 trace name errorstack forever, level 12';
>
> That will provide all necessary information.
>
> --
> http://www.mladen-gogala.com

What is the version of Oracle? On our 9.2.0.6 system the SQL that took a 1555 error is written to the alert log by default. Depending on how your application is designed and connects to Oracle knowing the Oracle username may not be of any benefit. It is probably the code and not the user that matters for resolving this issue.

Based on the Oracle version if automatic undo management is available and not being used you should probably switch over to using an undo tablespace. If an undo tablespace is in use then you want to look at how much of the undo tablespace is being utilized on average and what the undo retention time is set to. Either increasing the size of the undo tablespace, increasing the undo retention, or some combination of the two may be the solution if the code itself does not need modification.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Sat Sep 30 2006 - 15:33:21 CDT