Re: Help me with Oracle Portal

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 29 Sep 2006 15:27:04 -0700

jsfromynr wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I was trying to install a third party portlet in Portal.
> While doing so and recompiling the portal schema, one of the package
> 'WWPRO_API_Provider_registry' got invalid. So I copied the package body
> of ORASSO package into the Portal schema. As the code of package was
> encrypted, Now the package is invalid state.

Did you try compiling it again before copying?

> I was planning to export that single package (encrypted) and then
> import it into the schema, But I am not aware how to export only single
> package.
>
> I tried this one
>
> Select replace(text,chr(10),null) from user_source where
> name=upper('WWPRO_API_Provider_registry' )
>
> But again it didnot help.Package body is encrypted so it is not
> possible for me to know whether whatever I had extracted is in right
> form or not??
>
> Please help me out as Portal is Down.
>
> With Warm regards
> Jatinder Singh

Sounds like you really screwed up. I don't have portal anymore, but you might try
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14099_19/portal.1012/b14134/pdg_pdk_plsql.htm#CHDFDCCJ and hacking out just the provider package out of the generated sql. You have backups, right? Transport sets?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"Re: How to cope with nasty side effects of bind variable pee" - Entry