Problems getting EM running on a fresh 10g Windows 2k3 install

From: Craig Drabik <craig.drabik_at_gmail.com>
Date: 29 Sep 2006 08:12:17 -0700

Hello everyone. I'm hoping someone can help with a problem I'm having getting the web based enterprise manager running on a new 10g install. The OS is Windows Server 2003 running on VMWare. The hardware allocated to the VM is an Intel Xeon MP CPU @ 3.66ghz and 1GB of memory.

The problem is the same whether I run through th Oracle Installer or run emca. In the end, the DBCONSOLE service never comes up. The following is in the emca log:

Sep 29, 2006 10:29:02 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.PlatformInterface serviceCommand
CONFIG: Waiting for service 'OracleDBConsolebsimpt' to fully start Sep 29, 2006 10:29:12 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfig perform SEVERE: Error starting Database Control
Refer to the log file at
D:\oracle\product\10.2.0\bsimpt\cfgtoollogs\dbca\bsimpt\emConfig.log for more details.
Sep 29, 2006 10:29:12 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfig perform CONFIG: Stack Trace:
oracle.sysman.emcp.exception.EMConfigException: Error starting Database Control

        at
oracle.sysman.emcp.EMDBPostConfig.performConfiguration(EMDBPostConfig.java:569)

	at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMDBPostConfig.invoke(EMDBPostConfig.java:181)
	at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMDBPostConfig.invoke(EMDBPostConfig.java:150)
	at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfig.perform(EMConfig.java:155)
	at
oracle.sysman.assistants.util.em.EMConfiguration.run(EMConfiguration.java:430)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling enterprise manager, and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the etinre database with the same results. Received on Fri Sep 29 2006 - 10:12:17 CDT