Re: 10g Rel 2 Problems, Possible DOS threat????

From: <Geek.Empire_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Sep 2006 18:43:42 -0700

Bob Jones wrote:
> "hpuxrac" <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Bob Jones wrote:
> >> <Geek.Empire_at_gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> This code is not only bad but pointless. Why is there BULK COLLECT in the
> >> DECLARE section?
> >
> > The OP never claimed the code was good or that is was useful or had a
> > point.
> >
> > What they claim is that this demonstrates a repeatable test case
> > showing an oracle bug in handling this bad code.
> >
> > Did you even read the original posting?
> >

> Yes. I don't see why OP had the code on the system if he didn't think it was
> useful.
>

> He could either simply fix the code or wait for Oracle's fix. Then again,
> Oracle may not consider it as a bug.

its funny that Oracle consulting actually wrote this application for us. This was a oversight of the programmer and it ran fine for the last 4 years. Works like a champ in 9i. The problem arises only in any version of 10g.

Of course we fixed to the code and continue to move toward going into production with 10g, but this could put a server to its knees with a simple script and a user id you could take down any oracle 10g server.

Geek Received on Thu Sep 28 2006 - 20:43:42 CDT