Re: EXPORT/IMPORT schema from one unix server to another?

From: <floram_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: 28 Sep 2006 08:04:17 -0700

Thank you so much for all your responses!! I really appreciate the time you've taken to help me. I'm going to try to reply to all three comments I've recieved so far.

Oracle version for both production and test:

Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.6.0 - 64bit Production With the Partitioning and OLAP options
JServer Release 9.2.0.6.0 - Production

I have no problem logging into name in the production environment and name_test in the test environment in sql*plus.

Before I attempted the export, I created a user in the test environment with the following privs: create procedure, create session, create snapshot and create trigger and this user has the connect role. Then I created the default tablespace for this user and assigned this tablespace to this user.

Yes, of course I researched the ora-1435 error!! That's where I gathered that I might have to do a full export. Most of the situations didn't compare well with mine and I couldn't find a solution to help me. That's when I turned to you. I'm a novice - what can I say :)

I did copy the exact import command into the group. I edited the names only to preserve my company's privacy. I realize that could introduce some errors, but I'm doing my best.

I'm going to try the suggestions offered by joel right now. I'm also going to do some more reading on ora-1435 errors in the light of your responses.

I hope this information will invite more comments and suggestions!!

Lisa Received on Thu Sep 28 2006 - 10:04:17 CDT