Re: 10g RAC and SRDF

From: Talat <talat.asghar_at_uk.bnpparibas.com>
Date: 28 Sep 2006 02:05:44 -0700

Thanks for all the replies so far.

Just to clarify some points - HACMP is needed since we're using raw devices. Dataguard is not an option since SRDF is the preferred DR option for our mission critical production systems.

I have no qualms about not replicating the Oracle binaries, all I'm trying to determine is how other sites are getting around the CRS hostname issue with SRDF. The only option that I can see at the moment is to not replicate the Oracle binaries and the OCR at the DR site and to manually register the database in the DR OCR using srvctl.

Thanks,

T. Received on Thu Sep 28 2006 - 04:05:44 CDT