Re: Oracle Alert: Filesystem has only 19.99% available space

From: <antonyliu2002_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Sep 2006 22:03:54 -0700

Brian Peasland wrote:
> antonyliu2002_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > Every time I log onto Oracle Enterprise Manager, I see an alert as
> > shown by the picture below.
> >
> > http://static.flickr.com/102/254377724_d124b4a6a5_o.gif
> >
> > I am an Oracle newbie, could you guys give a hint about how to fix this
> > problem?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> This is just a warning telling you that are running low on space. For
> some systems, it could signal the need to purchase more disk. Do you
> expect your database to grow? If not, then I wouldn't worry about it.
>
> HTH,
> Brian
>
> --
>
> Brian Peasland
> dba_at_nospam.peasland.net
> http://www.peasland.net
>
> Remove the "nospam." from the email address to email me.
>

> "I can give it to you cheap, quick, and good.
> Now pick two out of the three" - Unknown

Thanks a lot, Brian and Dan.

Here is the hard drive availability info.

C drive's total size is 16.8 GB and has 3.27 GB free space. D drive's total size is 67.7 GB and has 30.5 GB free space.

So, from what you guys said, Oracle is simply doing this:

3.27 / (16.8 + 3.27)

Then, that is fine. I'll just tell my boss to please stop panicking. Received on Thu Sep 28 2006 - 00:03:54 CDT