Outer Join on a Correlated Sub Query

From: <puneetbans_at_gmail.com>
Date: 27 Sep 2006 21:09:46 -0700

I am using Oracle 9i. I have a join condition where the left side of the join is a correlated sub query and I want to outer join it to another table. However, Oracle does not allow the use of (+) operator with sub queries. A common solution suggested to this problem is to use in-line views. This solution works only if the sub query is not a correlated sub query as the in-line query gets executed first. Does anybody have any idea how to make the outer join work with a correlated sub query? Received on Wed Sep 27 2006 - 23:09:46 CDT