Re: deadlocks between single update statements ?

From: <hasta_l3_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Sep 2006 10:00:26 -0700

DA Morgan wrote :

> My error. I meant to suggest SELECT FOR UPDATE NOWAIT.

This one I would prefer most, because it has exactly the right degree of locking.

As per our guidelines, a deadlock is a design or programming error.

And a global lock introduces unneeded contention if the two updates do not update the same set of rows - the common case in my real problem, which I unfortunatly oversimplified in my question. Received on Mon Sep 25 2006 - 12:00:26 CDT