remote database and cursor

From: Daud <daud11_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Sep 2006 15:02:13 -0700

I have the procedure below. It retrieves rows from a table at a remote database (over WAN link) and inserts into a local table. My question is, at Point A (where the cursor to remote table has been opened) is it possible for a glitch in the WAN to cause my procedure to fail? Or is it still going back to the remote table to get a number of records at a time within the loop?
Thanks!

        PROCEDURE myproc IS

 		cursor	mycur is
			select 	*
			from
				triton.mytable_at_PDCDB r
			where
				col1 = 'A';

		dblink_down	exception;

BEGIN begin open mycur; exception when others then raise dblink_down; end; -- Point A loop fetch mycur into rec; exit when mycur%NOTFOUND; begin for each row insert into local table ............. ............. end; end loop; close recset; EXCEPTION when dblink_down then dbms_output.put_line('.....'); when others then dbms_output.put_line('.....'); END myproc;