Return value of _SEQ.CURRVAL to variable

From: Tony B <anthonybrough_at_googlemail.com>
Date: 24 Sep 2006 13:34:24 -0700

Hi All

I am new to oracle and would be frateful of any assistance.

I have an asp page that adds data to several tables that all share a common ID field (REGID)

The database uses a sequence to get the NEXTVAL from the sequence before adding a record to table 1.

I then use tbl1_SEQ.currval to provide the value of the REGID for the other tables. This all wrap in a transaction.

What I need to do is to get the tbl1_SEQ.currval and assign it to a variable so that i can use it after the transaction has been closed.

I hope this is clear enough.

Kind regards

Tony Received on Sun Sep 24 2006 - 15:34:24 CDT