Re: Comparisons of TCA between Oracle and SQL Server

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 17:14:29 -0700

hpuxrac wrote:
> There's a fairly amusing item posted here ...
>
> http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9002689&pageNumber=1
>
> What to me is most amusing is the methodology or lack thereof. It
> looks like the author created some kind of survey and had some set of
> people fill it out. Then he called it a study and attempted to draw
> some conclusions from it.
>
> I guess I am getting old and perhaps am prejudiced by having parents
> that conducted real research at reputable universities.

Amusing? It is a bloody joke beginning with the first line of the table.

Product                     Average number of databases per company
Microsoft SQL Server 2005   107
Oracle Database 10g          87

SQL Server 2005 has been released software for how many months? ComputerWorld should apologize to its readers.

--
Daniel Morgan
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group