Multitable Insert Problem

From: Dereck L. Dietz <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 23:32:02 GMT

I was trying to see if I could set up a multitable insert but kept getting errors. I eventually got the insert to the bare bones as I only wanted to have it work. It never did. I've never used a multitable insert so please excuse me if the problem is something very simple - I just can't see what's wrong right now.

I was attempting the following insert while running under Oracle 10g R2. I was calling this from either a script file and one time put it in an SQL*Plus window and received the same error both ways.

The Insert:

INSERT ALL     INTO hmp_well_visits VALUES ( person_id )

    INTO hmp_well_visits VALUES ( person_id )

  SELECT DISTINCT a.person_id  AS person_id,
                  a.mbr_key  AS mbr_key,
                  a.mbr_sys_key  AS mbr_sys_key,
                  a.clm_id  AS clm_id,
                  a.clm_line_nbr AS clm_line_mbr,
                  a.clmdtl_key  AS clmdtl_key,
                  a.srv_dt_from  AS srv_dt_from,
                  a.cpt_hcpcs  AS cpt_hcpcs,
                  a.proc_i_1  AS proc_i_1,
                  a.dtl_diag  AS dtl_diag,
                  a.srv_prv_id  AS srv_prv_id,
                  a.clm_src  AS clm_src,
                  a.hcfa_pos  AS hcfa_pos,

'WV' AS hmp_disease_code,
'1' AS data_source
FROM hb_hmp_vclaim a WHERE a.srv_dt_from >= TO_DATE('&1','MMDDYYYY') AND a.person_id > 0;

The error I kept getting:

SP2-0734: unknown command beginning "INTO hmp_w..." - rest of line ignored. SP2-0734: unknown command beginning "INTO hmp_w..." - rest of line ignored.

old  17:             WHERE a.srv_dt_from >= TO_DATE('&1','MMDDYYYY')
new  17:             WHERE a.srv_dt_from >= TO_DATE('08022005','MMDDYYYY')