Re: How change Spfile parameter?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 09:04:51 -0700

Mr.EthanHunt wrote:
> Hi Group.....
>
> I am new in oracle and need change the spfile parameter value on
> v$parameter view, I Looked information and found the following:
> The change must be done with "Alter system".
>

> I execute:
>

> SQL> alter system set
> spfile='D:\Software\Oracle_Express\PFILES\MIENTRAS_XE_SPFILE';
>

> nevertheless it gives back :
>

> alter system set
> spfile='D:\Software\Oracle_Express\PFILES\MIENTRAS_XE_SPFILE'
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-02095: specified initialization parameter cannot be modified
>

> ¿How change the famous parameter ?
>

> Thanks in advance.....

Source:
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14231/create.htm#sthref438

The SPFILE Initialization Parameter

The SPFILE initialization parameter contains the name of the current server parameter file. When the default server parameter file is used by the server (that is, you issue a STARTUP command and do not specify a PFILE), the value of SPFILE is internally set by the server. The SQL*Plus command SHOW PARAMETERS SPFILE (or any other method of querying the value of a parameter) displays the name of the server parameter file that is currently in use.

--
Daniel Morgan
University of Washington