Re: How change Spfile parameter?

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: 22 Sep 2006 08:13:56 -0700

Mr.EthanHunt wrote:
> Hi Group.....
>
> I am new in oracle and need change the spfile parameter value on
> v$parameter view, I Looked information and found the following:
> The change must be done with "Alter system".
>

> I execute:
>

> SQL> alter system set
> spfile='D:\Software\Oracle_Express\PFILES\MIENTRAS_XE_SPFILE';
>

> nevertheless it gives back :
>

> alter system set
> spfile='D:\Software\Oracle_Express\PFILES\MIENTRAS_XE_SPFILE'
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-02095: specified initialization parameter cannot be modified
>

> ¿How change the famous parameter ?
>

> Thanks in advance.....

If you want to create a SPFILE in a non-default location, try something like the following:

CREATE SPFILE='<some_path_or_other>\spfile_mydb.ora' FROM FILE='<some other path>\initOEMREP.ora';

You may also find the following useful reading:

http://www.databasejournal.com/features/oracle/article.php/1447461

HTH -g Received on Fri Sep 22 2006 - 10:13:56 CDT