How does RMAN distribute backup piece space across unevenly-sized filesystems?

From: Andy Kent <andykent.bristol1095_at_virgin.net>
Date: 22 Sep 2006 07:12:05 -0700

We have a script that does disk-to-disk RMAN backups. It allocates five channels, each on a different filesystem, sets a 1.5GB limit on each channel and then does the backup. We are planning to add space in order to resolve space issues, probably all on one filesystem.

Does RMAN have the intelligence to realise that some of the filesystems have more space than others and to use it accordingly?

It's 8.1.7 (yes, I know...) on Solaris.

Thanks
Andy Received on Fri Sep 22 2006 - 09:12:05 CDT