Re: Error: -2147217865 Table or View does not exist in Oracle 9i

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala.spam-me-not_at_verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 13:01:24 GMT

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 14:40:59 -0700, Nizam wrote:

> Hi team,
>
> We have two schemas SLT5 and SLT6 in oracle 9i database. In both the
> schema, we have two users TESTA and TESTB. Our application is logging
> in using TESTA credentials in both the schemas and trying to access the
> tables owned by TESTB.
>
> The problem is that, when we run the application connecting to SLT5
> schema. It is working fine. When tried connecting to SLT6 schema. It
> gives an error "Table or View does not exist" in a select query.
>
> We compare all the privileges in SLT5 and SLT6 schemas for both the
> users (specifically TESTA user). All found same. But we did not get any
> resolution. Even though, TESTA user has the SELECT privilege on those
> tables of TESTB.
>
> Could any body help me out.
>
> Thanks,
> Nizam.

You should set up a login trigger which would do something like this: ALTER SESSION SET TRACEFILE_IDENTIFIER=SCOOBYDOO; ALTER SESSION SET EVENTS='942 TRACE NAME ERRORSTACK FOREVER, LEVEL 3'; That will produce trace file with the exact statement which causes the error. Don't forget to remove the trigger when you're done.

--
http://www.mgogala.com