Re: Trigger FGAC

From: Jeremy <jeremy0505_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 07:50:33 +0100

In article <eeumuv$rre$1_at_news1.zwoll1.ov.home.nl>, Frank van Bortel says...
> Jeremy schreef:
> > In article <1158852279.426785.195900_at_b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, nasa
> > says...
> >> Sybrandb,
> >>
> > <snip>

> >> This world is not only for English speaking community and this group
> >> too. As long as ppl understand what am trying to say that is fine. So
> >> in this way, can you brush up your attitude and good manners?
> >
> > Absolutely spot-on, well said.
> >
> > It is apparent that some people simply do not make the effort to
> > communicate in a clear manner despite having English as their mother
> > tongue. I think it is important, if someone wishes to ask for help, that
> > they make the effort to communicate as clearly as possible. It is good
> > manners.
> >
> > However, there is no excuse for being rude to non-English speaking
> > posters for lacking the skills in English.
> >

> To whom are you responding?
> Do you really think I should try to translate
> "..I take ur job coz me no have work visa in ur country"
> into:
> "..I take your job, because I do not have a work permit for
> your beautiful country",
> and then start to comprehend the question?
>
> No, thanks!

As I said, I feel it is important to communicate as clearly as possible but, as I am sure you'd agree, a polite request to conform to the ng etiquette is the appropriate response rather than lobbing insults over the wire.

--

jeremy