Re: Error: -2147217865 Table or View does not exist in Oracle 9i

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 18:27:36 -0700

Nizam wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> We have two schemas SLT5 and SLT6 in oracle 9i database. In both the
> schema, we have two users TESTA and TESTB. Our application is logging
> in using TESTA credentials in both the schemas and trying to access the
> tables owned by TESTB.
>
> The problem is that, when we run the application connecting to SLT5
> schema. It is working fine. When tried connecting to SLT6 schema. It
> gives an error "Table or View does not exist" in a select query.
>
> We compare all the privileges in SLT5 and SLT6 schemas for both the
> users (specifically TESTA user). All found same. But we did not get any
> resolution. Even though, TESTA user has the SELECT privilege on those
> tables of TESTB.
>
> Could any body help me out.
>
> Thanks,
> Nizam.

Not without seeing your code.

The following statement you make are not possible as you have stated it.

You can not have as you state it:
"In both the schema, we have two users TESTA and TESTB"

What are the schema names?
Who owns the application's objects?
Are there synonyms or are you specifying schema_name dot object_name?

It might help to post the following:

conn testa/<pwd>
select table_name from user_tables;
conn testb/<pwd>