How to identify updated field in a trigger

From: Mando <mandoswork_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Sep 2006 06:41:38 -0700

Hi

Does anyone know whether a trigger can identify which field has been updated in a table? I need to write an after update trigger which passes the new value from the updated row, but I need to just get the field that's been updated.

e.g. table T1 with 3 rows: 1,2,3 and 3 columns: a,b,c

and table T2 with 3 rows: 1,2,3 and 3 columns: a,b,c.

If T1: row1,column b gets updated I need to get that specific value.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

PM Received on Thu Sep 21 2006 - 08:41:38 CDT