Re: Predicting Growth.

From: BD <robert.drea_at_gmail.com>
Date: 20 Sep 2006 11:42:20 -0700

> of %? So my 125G db will be 175G by this time next year. This seems
> more accurate, but I still think there are just too many unknowns to
> actually come to an accurate answer.

Can you reconcile the growth patterns to some other 'digestible' variable? Number of users on the system? Additions / reductions of major bits of functionality in the application? Other substantive changes in the environment?

You kind of need to establish some kind of trending before you can reasonably project into the future. If your growth patterns are totally chaotic, you'll need to find some way to make sense of the patterns... Received on Wed Sep 20 2006 - 13:42:20 CDT