Re: Oracle on AIX memory usage....

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 20 Sep 2006 10:07:32 -0700

oracle_man wrote:
> All,
>
> I am running 9207 on aix 5.3. topas and nmon and top show roughly the
> same amount of RAM used. A coleague of mine says that AIX doesn't
> accurately show memory usage. I am concerned.
>
> Is this true?
>
> rich

I am unaware of any UNIX server which correctly reports process memory where the process accesses shared memory using a standard utility like ps. On each UNIX platform there are different utilities that you can use to see real or at least a more accurate measure of process memory usage.

You might try the archives while you want for a more AIX knowledgable poster to reply. I do know that the lsattr command can be used to see some real memory information but the command I have saved appears to be for total system memory and not a specific process.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Sep 20 2006 - 12:07:32 CDT