OMS Cannot Connect with OEM Client, but Processing Jobs Normally

From: Lucas <lucas.lukasiak_at_gmail.com>
Date: 20 Sep 2006 09:03:28 -0700

Our Oracle 9i OMS has been unresponsive to the Java Oracle OEM Client or Command line status. It's processing the Scheduled Jobs and sending them to the Agent which is working properly. We would like to identify root cause to understand why and how to prevent. We have not yet tried stopping and restarting and are about to do that but we have lots of jobs scheduled.

Has anyone experience some with the 9i OMS? Any recomendations for troubleshooting root cause?

OMS PING RESPONDS FINE E:\>oemctl ping oms
OEMCTL for Windows NT: Version 9.2.0.1.0 Production Copyright (c) 1998, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

The management server is running.

OMS STATUS HANGS AND NEVER RESPONDS E:\>oemctl status oms sysman/xxxxxx
OEMCTL for Windows NT: Version 9.2.0.1.0 Production Copyright (c) 1998, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

AGENT RESPONDING AND PROCESSING JOBS FINE E:\>agentctl status agent

DBSNMP for 32-bit Windows: Version 9.2.0.6.0 - Production on 20-SEP-2006 12:00:47 Copyright (c) 2003 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Version : DBSNMP for 32-bit Windows: Version 9.2.0.6.0 - Production

Oracle Home         : C:\oracle\ora92
Started by user     : SYSTEM

Agent is running since 09/08/06 00:48:20 Received on Wed Sep 20 2006 - 11:03:28 CDT