Tracefiles not generated

From: <nospam_kurt.laugesen_at_gmail.com>
Date: 20 Sep 2006 07:00:47 -0700

I am trying to trace my sql (setting event 10046 either in my own session or using dbms_system.set_ev).
I have done this many times before, but I am now working on some new instances, that I have not created, and the funny thing is that nothing happens. No tracefiles are generated and no errors reported. Only when i set tracefile_identfier=<something> do the files get generated.
This means I CAN in fact do my job, but it still puzzles me, I have never seen this behaviour before.

It also makes it hard to trace another session, since I have to assure that they set tracefile_identier in their session before I start tracing a part of a long batchrun.

Kind regards
Kurt Laugesen Received on Wed Sep 20 2006 - 09:00:47 CDT