Queries running slow during a batch process

From: Ferrari_NYC <emferrari_at_gmail.com>
Date: 20 Sep 2006 06:49:26 -0700

Hello

We do have a batch process which runs a bunch of inserts, updates and select statments.

Some of the SELECT statments are taking around 1-2 secs on empty tables. We took the SQL from the batch and runned it into SQL*Plus and PL/SQL Developer and we found that were doing some full scan in some tables. We created an index which dropped the time to 0.03 secs, which is perfect. In the batch, the statments are still taking 1-2 secs to run, so we start looking into the V$SQL table and we found that the statments that are taking that amount of time has the OPTIMIZER_MODE column in V$SQL set to NONE.

What does that really means?

Thanks!

Eduardo Received on Wed Sep 20 2006 - 08:49:26 CDT