Re: CLOB to VARCHAR2 -- (ver 9i)

From: SL <sebastien-louchart_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: 19 Sep 2006 05:43:06 -0700

Sybrand Bakker a écrit :

> Those reasons are usually political and nonsensical.
The same here

> One reason I know of, is the third party app vendor still doesn't
> support the most current version, even not several *years* after it
> was released.

The same here

> The other reasons are always of the form 'Yeah, but we are going to
> replace this app next year...', which of course never happens.
The same here again.

One other reason is :
"We have to implement a lot of new front-end features into the next version of our app. Sorry but the technical layer of the app cannot be upgraded since most of our resources and budget will be spent for those improvements"
Result is that the app still operates under a 8i DB with noarchivelog despite the fact that the datacenter guys and I claim it should *really* be upgraded because the maintenance is getting more and more costly day after day.

Even after several crashes involving data loss, no plan were proposed to migrate. It really doesn't make any sense.

--
SL