oracle 9i sql DECODE

From: <abhishek.ankur_at_gmail.com>
Date: 19 Sep 2006 03:29:45 -0700

Hi everyone,
I want to know that can we check for NULL and NOT NULL conditions in DECODE
like the syntax for DECODE is
DECODE(expr,value,substitution)
What I am doing is use some value in expr which needs to be checked for NULL and NOT NULL. If the expr is NULL then some value should be used for expr and if it is not null then some other value should be used.

CAn this be done???? and if yes how??
plz help Received on Tue Sep 19 2006 - 05:29:45 CDT