Re: FGAC-

From: hitman <dsagner_at_post.t-com.hr>
Date: 18 Sep 2006 03:27:58 -0700

nasa wrote:
> Thanks for continuing support.
>
> After reading thru various articles and tutorials of FGAC, I've started
> to implement in my application.
>
> How FGAC works? My code not contains any sub-query select statements
> but it still works fine, how?

When you use fine-grained access control, you create security policy functions
attached to the table, view, or synonym on which you have based your application.
Then, when a user enters a DML statement (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE)
on that object, Oracle dynamically modifies the user's statement-transparently to
the user-so that the statement implements the correct access control.

(Is this quote from App.Dev.Guide(9.2) page 12-40 satisfying for you?) Received on Mon Sep 18 2006 - 05:27:58 CDT