Re: oracle system audit for local host activity

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 12:22:06 -0700

Richard wrote:
> dan - can you give me an example, now, of how to implement system
> auditing on oracle 9.2, capturing *only* events caused as a result of
> interactions with the database from a local terminal?

You will need to combined a couple of different capabilities to achieve this:

First the AFTER LOGON system event trigger

Then the SYS_CONTEXT function has a number of variations that might be useful such as:

HOST: Name of the host machine from which the client has connected. IP_ADDRESS: IP address of the machine from which the client is connected. ISDBA: TRUE if you are logged on as SYS. NETWORK_PROTOCOL: Network protocol being used for communication, as specified in the 'PROTOCOL=protocol' portion of the connect string. TERMINAL: The operating system identifier for the client of the current session.
Some combination will clearly identify what you want ...

Then, having identified the user, create a CONTEXT using DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO.SET_CLIENT_INFO, and audit what you wish.

--
Daniel Morgan
University of Washington