Re: oracle system audit for local host activity

From: Richard <richard_p_franklin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Sep 2006 10:31:52 -0700

dan - can you give me an example, now, of how to implement system auditing on oracle 9.2, capturing *only* events caused as a result of interactions with the database from a local terminal?

the question that this started with is how to discriminate what goes into the audit table by terminal. you can audit by user, easily. you can audit by statement, easily. my question is how to audit by terminal. I do not want to put events in the audit table that are created as a result of networked access to the database.

I am more interested in oracle 9.2, but will gladly receive advice that is general in nature.

thanks much...

/rpf