Re: Performance

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 10:49:34 +0200

Jack schreef:

> Surely tuning migth give 5-10% or more and maybe CBO that same,
> but not 500-1000%

1000% = factor 10. I've seen factor 40 by just rewriting statements.

> But best and cheapest way wuold be upgrade and new hardware.

In the light of the above, did you still believe that? Oh sure, it's the easiest way, and it actually will bring something, so it's also a safe way.
Just like "nobody ever got fired because they advised BB"

Tune. And upgrade, so your test and production at least run the same versions

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...