Re: Reasonable performance ?

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 10:45:06 +0200

Adrian Simpson schreef:
> number of rows. Whether or not at 16 the parallelisation is right for
> this sort of figure I'm not sure, but we did notice an improvement
> elsewhere in the DB when we upped it from 8.

Just what I meant to say - there is a point where parallel query will actually be faster. In the other cases, parallel query will cause substantial delays.
But I doubt whether that point is much less than 200k rows. And that is indeed for you to find out...

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...