Re: Allow a developer to view AWR reports on dbconsole

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 15 Sep 2006 13:33:55 -0700

NetComrade wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 11:42:19 -0700, DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
> wrote:
>

> >I don't know that it is possible. But you might want to note that using
> >any portion of AWR requires you purchase the appropriate license.
>
> Looking at AWR snapshots requires a license?
> I think you're thinking about Diagnostics and Tuning packs.

> We run Oracle 9iR2,10gR1/2 on RH4/RH3
> remove NSPAM to email

See p. 187:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/books/pdfs/wait_tuning_ch8.pdf (or search for AWR).

"...the essence is that Oracle requires special licensing to access the AWR (Automatic Workload Repository) and ADDM features. These licensing requirements cover simple SQL queries of certain data dictionary objects, procedures, and packages."

Among other places.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"Pen and paper is looking attractive at this point. " - Howard J. Rogers