Migration of HTMLDB 2.0 to APEX 2.2

From: Matthias Hoys <anti_at_spam.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 21:19:44 +0200

Guys (and girls if there are any),

I'm preparing for the migration of an Oracle 9i database with HTMLDB 2.0 running on AIX to a new Oracle 10g server with APEX 2.2 running on RHEL 4.0. I'm not sure what's the best way to migrate/upgrade the HTMLDB applications. Should I export the HTMLDB schemas from Oracle 9i, import them into the 10g and then upgrade to APEX 2.2 ? Or should I upgrade the 9i first to APEX 2.2 and then export/import the schemas ? What about the Apache configuration ?

Has anyone done this kind of migration before ? Any known issues after the upgrade to APEX 2.2 ?

Thanks
Matthias Received on Fri Sep 15 2006 - 14:19:44 CDT