Re: I can't schedule more than one jobs with Oracle Scheduler

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 19:53:53 +0200

On 14 Sep 2006 16:59:16 -0700, antonyliu2002_at_yahoo.com wrote:

>I tried putting all of the SQL commands into a simple procedure, but
>the database got frozen while it was compiling this procedure. It did
>not make any complaints, but just hang there for a long time, and
>seemed to have frozen the database, because the web application which
>uses this dtabase did not work.
>
>I have never attempted to write any stored procedure until today. So I
>am not sure if I did it right. All I did is this:
>
>CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE myprocedure
>IS
>BEGIN
>// Here I insert all of the sql commands.
>END;
>/
>
>Procedures created through this format was OK, if I use much fewer sql
>commands between 'BEGIN' and 'END'.
>
>So, any solution to this problem? There isn't anyway to shedule more
>than one jobs?
>
>Thanks.

Did you follow the previous directions

so
create or replace procedure blah as
begin
insert into foo select * from bar;
/* Note execute immediate mandatory!!! */ execute immediate 'drop table bar';
end;
/

If the database got 'frozen' there must be something seriously wrong with the configuration of your database and/or your machine has insufficient RAM, so is paging like hell. This has, I am afraid, nothing to do with Oracle, but everything with your configuration.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA