Re: Suppress SQL

From: Jim Kennedy <jim>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 06:58:30 -0700

"nasa" <nasa.ora_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1158328095.760047.201470_at_m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...

> Mark D Powell wrote:
> > Jim Kennedy wrote:
> > > "nasa" <nasa.ora_at_gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > I don't think so. I have never heard of it.
> > > Jim
> >
> > Nasa, the majority of readers on this board are not going to know what
> > Suppress SQL in DB2 is so you should explain what this feature does so
> > that board readers have a chance to recongize the nearest Oracle
> > equilivents and respond.
> >
> > If you are trying to suppress the showing of the SQL statement in
> > output via SQLPlus you use "set echo off". If you are trying to
> > suppress printing query resutls on the screen but just want to spool
> > them to a file then look up "set termout off" in the SQLPlus manual.
> > Otherwise I have no idea.
> >
> > HTH -- Mark D Powell --
>

> Hi All,
>
> Suppress SQL - Querying a table by suppressing the rows based on
> fields' value.
>
> Eg.,
>
> Table name: tbDemo
> Fields are: f1,f2,f3,f4,f5
>
> Query: Select * from tbDemo;
>
> Where tbDemo has reference table to validate criteria before it process
> querying. If two different users executing the same Select statement
> the results will be different based on user's log-in id.
>

> Cheers,

You could look at the docs for fine grained access control. That sounds like the closest feature. It allows you to set up statements to add to the where clause depending upon who loggs in. (so select * from mytable becomes select * from mytable where ....)
Jim Received on Fri Sep 15 2006 - 08:58:30 CDT