Re: Suppress SQL

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 15 Sep 2006 06:23:02 -0700

Jim Kennedy wrote:
> "nasa" <nasa.ora_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Like DB2, oracle has Suppress SQL?
> >
> > Thx
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> I don't think so. I have never heard of it.
> Jim

Nasa, the majority of readers on this board are not going to know what Suppress SQL in DB2 is so you should explain what this feature does so that board readers have a chance to recongize the nearest Oracle equilivents and respond.

If you are trying to suppress the showing of the SQL statement in output via SQLPlus you use "set echo off". If you are trying to suppress printing query resutls on the screen but just want to spool them to a file then look up "set termout off" in the SQLPlus manual. Otherwise I have no idea.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Sep 15 2006 - 08:23:02 CDT