ORA-12052: cannot fast refresh materialized view

From: amy <amykline_at_gmail.com>
Date: 14 Sep 2006 12:29:43 -0700

I have problem performing a fast refresh on a materialized view. I went through the documentation and it looks like I have met all the criterias for a fast refresh but I can't seems to get the MV created.

Can someone point out what I have done incorrectly?

create table emp (empid number, name varchar2(10), deptno number); alter table emp add constraint emp_pk primary key (empid); create table dept (deptno number, name varchar2(10)); alter table dept add constraint dept_pk primary key (deptno); alter table emp add constraint emp_fk foreign key (deptno) references dept (deptno);

create materialized view log on emp with primary key (name,deptno) including new values;
create materialized view log on dept with primary key including new values;

SQL> create materialized view emp_dept_mv   2 refresh fast as
  3 select e.name from emp e, dept d where e.deptno=d.deptno; select e.name from emp e, dept d where e.deptno=d.deptno

                   *

ERROR at line 3:
ORA-12052: cannot fast refresh materialized view GTTK.EMP_DEPT_MV

thanks in advance. Received on Thu Sep 14 2006 - 14:29:43 CDT