Re: Urgent Help Needed!

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 14 Sep 2006 07:28:33 -0700

Rich_King wrote:
> > I'm always amused at people like the OP who seem to think (1) their
> > message is instantly propogated to all news servers around the world,
> > and (2) people with the information they seek have nothing else to do
> > besides monitor newsgroups for incoming messages. Evidenced by (1) the
> > word 'urgent' in the subject, and/or (2) increasingly desparate
> > sounding postings every ten minutes.
>
> It is amusing, isn't it?

No, it's pathetic.

> I'm always amazed at how personal people get
> in forums such as this.

I'm amazed at how some people believe newsgroups are support services with whom they've contracted, rather than the free discussion forums they are.

>It's almost like they think these groups
> belong to them, instead of being public resources.

Yes, they are public resources. Resources for discussion and possible assistance, NOT resources to be considered software support agents hired by contract.

> Oh, and by the way,
> some of the people who decided to reply to my message (a couple in
> particular) actually don't have anything better to do.

Nor do you, nor do you possess the wherewithall to actually USE google or ask.com effectively, or the apparent ability to effectively search this newsgroup for threads which have answered this question before.

Funny how people blame others for their own inabilities.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Thu Sep 14 2006 - 09:28:33 CDT