Re: Using java to move large objects/data over db link?

From: sporb <umsporb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Sep 2006 14:28:08 -0700

Ah, I see... create an explicit JDBC connection from java code running on "my" database to the remote database! I think that will work; I'll try it tomorrow.

Thanks again, Steve! BTW, the constraint arises mostly from the desire to use the connection pool to the local db that is easily available. We are also looking at the possibility of setting up a connection pool to the remote database, but this will probably work in the mean time.

atb
-Bill